Reality showOnly 2 weeks left until the premiere of Big Brother season 24. Starting July…
This guide covers how to transfer Pokemon between HOME and BDSP, Legends: Arceus, Sword and Shield, and Let’s Go, with additional details for each. Pokemon HOME is a cloud-based storage application with more features and capabilities. See What is Pokemon HOME for more details, or keep reading to find out how to transfer to and from it.
Go to a specific game’s section to learn more about limitations and whether your Pokémon will change if transferred.
How to transfer Pokemon between HOME and Nintendo Switch games
To transfer a Pokémon between HOME and Nintendo Switch games, you must use the Nintendo Switch version of the app and insert that game card into the Switch if it is a physical copy.
You will only be able to access a game’s Pokemon boxes from Pokemon HOME if the save data is connected to the same Nintendo Account as your Pokemon HOME account.
- Have the copy of the target Pokemon game and its save data present on the Nintendo Switch.
- Have Pokemon HOME on the Nintendo Switch
- Have both Pokemon HOME and the saved data for the Pokemon game you want to transfer to or from attached to the same Nintendo Account.
The next steps are pretty simple and the same for every game.
1. Open the Pokemon HOME app on your Nintendo Switch.
2. Select “Pokemon”.
3. Select the game you want to connect to. In this case, Sword or Shield. (Note: Selecting HOME only allows you to organize your HOME boxes).
4. Select the Pokemon you want to move to (or from) Pokemon HOME. The Pokemon you can select will depend on the game you are transferring to. Check a Pokémon’s summary to see which games it’s compatible with. Generally, a Pokemon can only be transferred into a game if it is already naturally available in that game.
Each icon lets you move Pokemon between boxes a little differently.
Green / Group movement
|You can select and drag the selection tool across multiple Pokémon to move multiple Pokémon at once.|
|Select one Pokemon then select the one you want swap places with.|
|Select and move one Pokemon at a time.|
Pokemon Shiny Diamond and Shiny Pearl – Pokemon HOME
Pokemon HOME became compatible with Pokemon BDSP after Pokemon HOME 2.0 update. Pokemon from BDSP can be freely transferred between HOME, Legends: Arceus, and Sword and Shield, with some caveats and limitations.
- Only Pokémon available natively in BDSP can be transferred to them.
- Pokemon transferred into BDSP from other games will have their moves replaced with the equivalent moveset at that species’ level in BDSP. This reverts if the Pokemon returns to its original game.
- Pokemon from Legends: Arceus will appear inside Strange Balls. The balls become Poke Balls again if they are returned in Pokemon HOME, and the original ball if they are returned in Legends: Arceus.
Pokémon Legends: Arceus – Pokémon HOME
okemon HOME became compatible with Pokemon Legends: Arceus after Pokemon HOME 2.0 update. Pokemon from Legends: Arceus can be freely transferred between HOME, BDSP and Sword and Shield, with some caveats and limitations.
- Only Pokémon natively available in Legends: Arceus can be transferred there.
- Pokémon transferred to Legends: Arceus from other games will have their moves replaced with the move set equivalent to that species’ level in Legends: Arceus. This reverts if the Pokemon returns to its original game.
- Pokémon transferred from other games will appear as in Strange Balls. Balls return if returned to Pokemon HOME.
- Pokemon from Legends: Arceus transferred to Pokemon HOME all appear to be inside normal Poke Balls, but return when returned to Legends: Arceus.
- Effort levels are unique to Legends: Arceus and do not reflect a Pokemon’s IVs in Pokemon HOME.
Pokémon Sword and Shield – Pokémon HOME
Pokemon Sword and Shield can transfer Pokemon to and from Pokemon HOME. Any Pokémon that can be obtained naturally in Sword and Shield can be traded to it, as well as regional variations of available Pokémon.
- Pokémon from BDSP and Legends: Arceus transferred to Sword and Shield will have their moves replaced with a natural moveset for those Pokémon in Sword and Shield. Their original moves will return if transferred back.
Pokemon Let’s Go: Pikachu! and Eevee! – Pokémon HOME
Pokemon from Let’s Go can be transferred to and from Pokemon HOME, but cannot be transferred back to Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu or Eevee if they carry over further into any other game, such as Sword and Shield, BDSP, or Legends: Arceus.
Pokemon from other games cannot be sent into Pokemon Let’s Go.