This tutorial explains how to make small businesses more successful. We will do our best…
The Moonlight Greatsword is a staple in the series and has been featured in every Soulsborne game developed by FromSoftware. It is known as an intelligence-based weapon that has the power to fire blue projectiles which look quite impressive in dark areas, and it is also available in Elden Ring. However, getting it is a real hassle, and that might be the understatement of the year. here is how to get the Moonlight Greatsword in Elden Ring.
In Elden Ring, Moonlight Greatsword is a weapon skill for Dark Moon Greatsword, which is the weapon you are looking for. You can consume FP to use this skill, which allows you to fire the cool projectiles mentioned above. Be aware that this guide contains major spoilers for two-story bosses, as well as a secondary boss and some late-game areas.
Obtain Moonlight Greatsword in Elden Ring
- Meet Melina and unlock the ability to level up.
- Return to Elleh Church at night and talk to Renna, who gives you the Spirit Calling Bell.
- Progress through the story until you reach the Academy of Raya Lucaria. You’ll need to beat Rennala, the Full Moon Queen, to continue.
- After that, head to the northwest Liurnia region of the lakes to get to the Caria Mansion.
Be aware that this area can be quite dangerous if you just beat Rennala and are around level 40. It is possible to clear the area at this level, but it may be a good idea to go up a little more before returning.
- Clearing Caria Manor gives you access to Ranni’s Rise, Renna’s Rise, and Seluvis’s Rise. Head to Ranni’s Rise to begin the actual quest.
Go up the tower to talk to Ranni and accept his request to help Blaidd. You can check out our Blaidd NPC questline guide here. It’s quite a long and complex series of quests, but you’ll have to complete it to progress.
- After completing Blaidd’s questline, return to Ranni’s Rise and speak with her.
- Next, head to Renna’s Rise and interact with the sending gate at the top, which will take you to the Ainsel River.
The first thing you need to do in Ainsel River is interact with the item pickup right in front of you to get the Small Ranni Doll key item.
- Rest at nearby Grace’s site and choose the Talk to Doll option a few times until the doll finally responds.
- Head to the Carian Study Hall, located on Liurnia’s eastern side of the lakes.
Interact with the pedestal inside the Study Hall, and it will invert the entire area, giving you access to the Liurnia Tower Bridge and the Liurnia Divine Tower.
- Climb to the top of the Divine Tower to get a key, then return to the Great Library in Raya Lucaria.
The key will allow you to open the locked chest just behind Rennala to get a ring.
- Return to the Ainsel River and progress through this area until you come to the Nokstella Waterfall Basin.
Once here, Ranni will ask for your help in killing an assassin. Proceed south through the area to trigger an invasion. After killing the invader, Ranni will thank you for your efforts.
- Continue to cross the Ainsel River to reach the Rot Lake and progress through the area to reach the site of the Grand Cloister of Grace.
At the Grand Cloister, you’ll have to make your way through a series of falls to get to the bottom floor and past the centipede enemies. On the south side of the area, you’ll see that the path ends in a drop, with a coffin sitting at the edge. Interact with the coffin to rest inside.
- The coffin will transport you to another area, where you will have to fight the boss Astel, Naturalborn of the Void.
- After defeating the boss, you can continue through the area and pull the lever to summon an elevator.
This elevator will take you to the Altar of Moonlight in Liurnia of the Lakes.
- From there, head east to the Cathedral of Manus Celes.
Near Grace’s site, you’ll see a hole in the ground you can drop into. Look for ledges you can safely fall on and head down.
- Navigate into the cave, where you’ll find a doll lying on the floor.
Interact with him and use the ring, which will trigger more dialogue with Ranni. After listening to what she has to say, you will find the Darkmoon Greatsword lying on the ground as an item pickup, which will mark the end of the questline.
This is easily the longest questline you can take on in Elden Ring, and it’s not one you can complete in one go. You’ll need to progress through the story in order to unlock more of Ranni’s questline, so it’s best to attempt in small chunks as you play.
Even so, the reward is worth it. Ranni’s questline adds a lot to the overall lore and story of Elden Ring, and you can also play with the Darkmoon Sword and use the iconic weapon skill Moonlight Greatsword. If you are using an Intelligence version, of course.
That’s all you need to know about how to get moonlight sword in elden ring. Be sure to check out our wiki guide for more tips and information on the game.