Fortnite is a gold mine when it comes to content creation. Creators from all walks of life are generating awesome content to satisfy the growing gaming community. The developers support the creators and have even provided them with affiliate means to generate income.
Epic Games has a Support-a-Creator program to help content creators grow and sustain themselves. It is an affiliate program that issues a purchase code to a content creator, which its subscribers can use for any in-game purchase. Creators receive a set percentage of each transaction made using code.
To get a creator code, creators must have at least 1000 followers on social media platforms like YouTube, Twitter, etc. However, players who frequently create maps in Fortnite Creative mode can get a code without the requirements. All they have to do is submit a Creative publishing app to developers.
Easily get a Fortnite Support-a-Creator code
Getting a Support-a-Creator code has always been a goal for Fortnite content creators. Not only does it provide Epic Games affiliation, but creators can also generate passive income from their content. The developers recently nerfed the prerequisites to help up-and-coming creators.
Official announcements state that players must have at least 1000 followers on social media platforms like Twitter, YouTube and others. Although this exploit can be easily achieved, it hampers some content creators. Fortunately, there is a trick to bypass this condition and get the code.
Creators with less than 1,000 subscribers can submit a creative edit request and get the code issued. These creators will however have to create a few maps in Fortnite Creative mode. The app requires video proof of the creators building an island. Interested creators can access the application here.
Creators who are accepted into the program earn 5% of the value of in-game purchases made using the code. This covers all video game titles that are under Epic Games. Creators must earn at least $100 within 12 months to withdraw. Payment is credited after at least 45 days from the end of the month.
Eligibility and other criteria
Fortnite content creators are carefully vetted before their Support-a-Creator code is issued. In addition to more than 1000 subscribers, creators must meet the following criteria:
- Creatos must be at least 13 years old. 14 years if the creator resides in South Korea.
- Creators must be able to agree to the Creator Agreement. (In the case of a minor, there are additional conditions)
- Creators must be able to receive payments using the designated payment platform.
- Creators must provide complete and legitimate tax information.
- Creator code must comply with guidelines established by Epic Games.
- Content created must comply with the Epic Games Community Guidelines.
- Creators must be visible when disclosing their affiliation on any social media platform and must follow the guidelines established by the developers.
In light of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, Epic Games has stopped trading with Russia in its games. This also includes the Support-a-Creator affiliate program.