Minecraft 1.19 The Wild Update has already seen several overhaul patches. The latest round of…
Edgeguarding is not unique to MultiVersus but is a widely used technique in platform fighters. The main reason edge protection works in platform fighters is that unlike traditional fighting games, platform fighters are driven by percentages and actions. This can cause both players to get creative to eliminate each other’s stocks and win the game as quickly as possible.
Edgeguarding is one of the techniques put in place by players to quickly take their opponent’s actions. However, it is not without drawbacks. So whether you’re looking for essential edge protection tips and tricks or just want to learn how to avoid edge protection in MultiVerse, our handy guide below has you covered.
Are you looking for something in particular? Click on the links below to access…
What is Edgeguarding and how do I do it?
Edgeguarding, in theory, seems pretty easy to do; prevent the opponent who is offstage from coming back onstage, and that should be it. This is easier to do the higher the percentage of the character being edged, as the moves you make will do more knockback. However, the hardest part about it is doing it.
Edgeguarding is not a systematic process, it’s an art. It’s not something that can be replicated over and over again unless your opponent does the same offstage. Many factors contribute to edge protection. Your character, your opponent’s character, the scene and the percentages. Since there’s no one way to do edge protection, you’ll have to get creative to get your kills off stage.
General tips and tricks for edge protection
Here are some tips and tricks for edge protection:
- In MultiVersus, edge protection is a relatively safe business unless you make a stupid mistake. Don’t use all of your jumps, air dodges, or specials, and save a few for your recovery. You can refresh them by hanging on the wall if off stage or landing on stage.
- Observe what your opponent is doing off the stage, can you take advantage of what he is doing off the stage to easily take stock?
- Sometimes the best thing to do is go out there and do it. If you fail, learn from your mistake.
- The downward air attack of most characters is a good tool for edge protection.
- If you have a projectile you can also use it to protect your opponents provided you are sure of your aim.
Edgeguarding is an abstract concept due to human habits and tendencies and can vary from game style to game style. It is practice makes perfect!
How to Avoid Being Edgeguarded
One of the worst places in MultiVersus is offstage with another person trying to punch you while you’re there trying to get the point. Fortunately, there are things you can do to prevent this from happening. Here are a few:
- Don’t spend all your resources immediately trying to recover. You have multiple ways to mix up recoveries using jump, air dodge, and specials. If you squander them all and get hit, your stock will be taken away from you.
- Wall hanging is a viable strategy for mixing up your recovery. However, be aware that players can just drop you off and sting you with their downward air attack or some other move that can end up causing you to take your stock early.
- If you feel risky, look for a knockdown if the opponent protecting you is also offstage. Instead of your stock being taken, it will be theirs and it just might turn the tide of the match.
The GIF below might give a better picture of decision making during an edge guard sequence.
In this situation, we can see Shaggy offstage with Finn and Wonder Woman ready to stop him from hitting the stage again. Wonder Woman’s best bet to end Shaggy’s stock here is a downward air strike to finish off the edgeguard while Finn decides to stay on stage as another wall to prevent Shaggy’s recovery in case Wonder Woman fails not to pick up Shaggy’s stock with his tip.
The opposing Wonder Woman (highlighted in red) has just reappeared and the best thing she can do is run to her teammate and get Finn off the stage as fast as possible and hope Shaggy can recover. Shaggy was spiked but he survived and the opposing Wonder Woman was able to knock Finn and his ally Wonder Woman off stage and was able to interrupt the edge protection sequence.
Next: How to Unlock Ranked Mode
Was this guide helpful to you?
In this wiki guide
Bullet Train Review
Check out the trailer for Avatar: The Waterway, the next movie starring Zoe Saldana, Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver, Stephen Lang, Cliff Curtis, Joel David Moore, CCH Pounder, Edie Falco, Jemaine Clement and Kate Winslet . Set more than a decade after the events of the first film, Avatar: The Way of the Water begins to tell the story of the Sully family (Jake, Neytiri and their children), the troubles that follow them, the struggles that they do to keep each other safe, the battles they fight to stay alive and the tragedies they endure. Avatar: The Way of Water, directed by James Cameron, will be released in theaters on December 16, 2022.